The MQA, acting in its capacity as an ETQA, has a responsibility to maintain quality of assessments throughout the Mining and Minerals Sector. One way of doing this is to establish criteria for the accreditation of providers and registration of assessors and moderators. The MQA must also audit quality of providers, moderate assessments and review qualifications and unit standards for the Mining and Minerals Sector. Applicants as training providers can fall into one of three categories:
· Provides only education and training services
· Provides only assessment services
· Provides the full spectrum of education, training and assessment services
All providers may be accredited by the MQA ETQA, provided that the body seeking accreditation:
1. is registered as a provider in terms of the applicable legislation at the time of application for accreditation
2. has a recognised Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2008) which includes but is not limited to:
· quality management policies, which define that which the provider wishes to achieve
· quality management procedures, which enable the provider to practise its defined quality management policies; or
· review mechanisms, which ensure that the quality management policies and procedures defined are applied and remain effective.
3. has the necessary assessment system in place including registered assessors
4. has the necessary moderation system in place including registered moderator
5. has sufficient learning materials
6. has not already been granted accreditation by or applied for accreditation to another ETQA.
Accreditation will only be granted if the MQA is satisfied that ll the criteria for accreditation have been met. Upon receiving full accreditation, each provider will be issued a certificate by the MQA. The certificate should be prominently displayed at the provider's premises. When accreditation is granted, the training providers will be entitled to include the following phrase on relevant documentation such as marketing brochures: "Accreditation granted as a Training Provider by the Mining Qualifications Authority".
Click below for useful documents:
- Appeal Procedure
- Application form for Scope Extension
- Guidelines for Training Providers on Learning Delivery
- Example of Assessment Sheet
- Self Evaluation
MQA I-Share Access Authorisation Form